1. Rules of Play: Rules of play shall be per FIFA "Laws of the Game" except as modified by US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, Ohio South Youth Soccer Association and the Blue Chip Showcase Tournament. All decisions concerning rules and regulations, including the interpretation thereof, bracketing of teams, match schedules, etc. are the sole discretion of the Tournament Committee. The playing rules for Midwest Regional League games will supersede all rules and regulations for the Blue Chip Showcase Tournament games for ALL games identified as MRL.
2. Inclement Weather: The Blue Chip Showcase Tournament Committee reserves the right to shorten match times, and/or move to an alternate site and/or cancel any match altogether without refund of the entry fee. In the event of inclement weather forcing play to be suspended and preventing the match from being completed during the scheduled time, the score shall stand if at least one-half of the match has been completed. If a Showcase Match cannot be completed at all during the event it will be marked as a 0-0 result. See Severe Weather Policy for more.
3. Payments/Cancellations: If application is accepted then teams acknowledge that their payment will be deposited upon acceptance and if payment is refused, application may be revoked, and teams acknowledge that 1) Payment must be made prior to acceptance, applications may not be considered until payments are received. 2) Application must be reviewed by tournament directors before team is accepted. 3) Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance 4) If application is not accepted team will receive a full refund and a letter of notification, but 5) Once accepted no refunds are allowed.
4. Team and Player Registration: Registration for this event is through GotSoccer only unless otherwise approved by the tournament registrar. Each player must be registered with an association recognized by US Soccer, and must be on a state/league-approved roster. Up to four duly registered and rostered guest players per team are permitted. As part of the registration process, each team must provide an approved roster and travel permit. Guest players must be included on an approved tournament guest player roster form. Each team must provide player passes to registration and to each game. Each team may roster up to 22 players for U14 - U19 per the US Youth Soccer rules and regulations; however, no more than 18 players may participate in each match. Teams may select a different 18 players for each match from the 22-player roster.
5. Match Length: Unless shortened due to inclement weather, all U15 - U19 Showcase matches will be 80 minutes in duration, divided into two 40 minute halves. U14 matches will be 70 minutes in duration, divided into two 35 minute halves. Overtime rules will be in effect for Championship games only. No overtime in preliminary games. For championship games – Two ten-minute overtime periods will be played in their entirety. If a Championship game is still tied at the end of the overtime periods, the winner will be determined by penalty kicks. Only those players on the field at the end of the second overtime are eligible for penalty kicks.
6. Player Substitution: A player may be substituted after a goal has been scored, on either team’s goal kick, on either team’s throw-in, on either team’s corner kick, or, upon any other stoppage in play, at the referee’s discretion. Each substitution must be with the approval of the referee. For age groups U14 and older, free substitution is allowed.
7. Red and Yellow Cards / Send offs: A player receiving a red card during a match will not be permitted to play in his/her team’s next match. If the severity of the red card offense so justifies, a player may be suspended from playing in the next two matches. The decision to impose a two match suspension shall be made by the Tournament Director and the Referee Coordinator. A player sent-off for receiving two yellow cards is eligible to play the next match. A team will be allowed to replace a player sent-off for receiving a red card or two yellow cards; it will not have to play short. If a player receives a red card in the team’s final match, it will be returned to his/her team and a report send to Ohio South Youth Soccer to be forwarded to the respective association. Per regulations by the Ohio South Youth Soccer Association, all yellow and red cards as well as any matter involving misconduct by a team or coach will be recorded and submitted to Ohio South in the post-tournament report. Rules regarding player or coach discipline are limited to the PUMA Blue Chip Showcase Tournament matches. Any further suspension is solely at the discretion of the team’s host organization(s).
8. Distribution of Player Profiles: Team profiles may be distributed by team managers or designated team representatives. The PUMA Blue Chip Showcase does distribute Player Profile books, however we recognize the desire for teams to develop and distribute their own materials. We ask that you hand out materials on the sidelines of your matches.
9. Tournament Champion: Teams will be placed in an age group bracket. A champion will be named in each bracket based upon the point system below. For each match, a team will be awarded points, as follows:
If a team receives a forfeit for any reason, the opposing team(s) are declared a winner with a 2-0 score. The team who forfeits a match will have all "Showcase" matches forfeited and receive a 0-2 loss for all "Showcase" games regardless of the actual outcome. League games are subject to review.
In case of a tie in your Division Bracket, the following tie-breaker will be used to determine the champion:
10. Protests / Appeals: All decisions of the referee are final and will only be reviewed by the Tournament Director for the misapplication of a Law. All decisions of the Tournament Director are final. Protests/appeals from individuals or teams will not be heard.
11. Exceptions: The Tournament Director reserves the right to modify any rules/regulations at any time with or without notice.