Team Check-in/Registration will take place onsite prior to your first game.
A. US Teams Check-in/Registration Requirements
- Copy of 2016/2017 official roster; either USYS State Association or US Club Soccer
- Copy of Guest Player Roster (if applicable)
- Roster provided by team's state association, or
- Roster provided by tournament (see registration information on tournament website)
- Permission to Travel paperwork
- Not Required for US Club Soccer teams
- Required for all USYS teams that are not from Ohio South
- Copies of 2016/2017 player / coach passes; either USYS State Association or US Club Soccer
- Copies of player passes for guest players if applicable
- Originals may be requested by referees prior to each game
- Copy of Coach Concussion Certificate pursuant to Ohio's "Return to Play" law - O.R.C. 3707.511 (C)(1)
A. Roster Sizes:
- U8 - U10: 5v5 teams are limited to 12 players identified at Registration.
- U10 - U12: 9v9 teams are limited to 14 players identified at Registration
- U12 - U13: 11v11 teams are limited to 18 players identified at Registration
- U14 - U17: 11v11 teams are limited to 22 players identified at Registration
- Players may not participate with more than one team in this tournament.
B. Three guest players per team will be permitted for all age groups. US Club Soccer teams may only take guest players registered under US Club Soccer, and USYSA teams may only take guest players registered with properly stamped USYSA player pass cards.
III. CODE OF CONDUCT
Harassment of the officials from coaches, spectators or players will not be tolerated.
A. Sideline Organization:
- Both teams will sit on the same side of the field. Only coaches and trainers may stay on the player’s sideline.
- Spectators are permitted on the opposite side of the field from the coaches and players and are limited to being in the designated area from penalty box to penalty box.
- No spectators are allowed behind the goal areas.
B. Sideline Behavior:
- NO alcoholic beverages are allowed in the park or the parking lot of any of the game sites. Your team will be subject to forfeiting 1 game.
- Any player or coach ordered off the field by the referee for misconduct may be suspended from at least the next game, as determined by the Tournament Committee. The Tournament Committee shall review each incident based on the report of the referee. The Tournament Committee’s decision with respect to any suspension shall not be subject to review or appeal.
IV. PLAYING RULES
FIFA Laws of the Game will be used with the following exceptions:
A. Game Duration:
- U8- 5v5, 25 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period. Size 4 Game Ball.
- U9- 7v7, 25 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period. Size 4 Game Ball.
- U10- 7v7, 25 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period. Size 4 Game Ball.
- U10- 9v9, 25 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period. Size 4 Game Ball.
- U11- 9v9, 30 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period. Size 4 Game Ball.
- U12- 9v9, 30 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period. Size 4 Game Ball.
- U12- 11v11, 30 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period. Size 5 Game Ball.
- U13- 11v11, 30 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period for group play. 35 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period for championship game. Size 5 Game Ball.
- U14- 11v11, 30 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period for group play. 35 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period for championship game. Size 5 Game Ball.
- U15 - 11v11, 30 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period for group play. 35 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period for championship game. Size 5 Game Ball.
- U16 - 11v11, 30 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period for group play. 35 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period for championship game. Size 5 Game Ball.
- U17 - 11v11, 30 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period for group play. 35 minute halves, 5 minute halftime period for championship game. Size 5 Game Ball.
- OVERTIME – Overtime rules will be in effect for Championship games only. No overtime in preliminary games. For championship games – Two five-minute overtime periods will be played in their entirety. If a Championship game is still tied at the end of the overtime periods, the winner will be determined by penalty kicks. Only those players on the field at the end of the second overtime are eligible for penalty kicks.
1. Unlimited substitution according to FIFA Rules with following modifications:
- Before a throw-in by the opposing team if the opposing team is also substituting;
- For a cautioned player (cautioned player only)
- In case of injury, unlimited substitution for both teams.
C. Cautions and Ejections:
The decisions of the referee regarding the application of the Laws of the Game are final;
- A player receiving a red card, including a second yellow, during a match will not be permitted to play in his/her team’s next match;
- If the severity of the red card offense so justifies it, a player may be suspended from playing in the next two matches. The decision to impose a two match suspension shall be made by the Tournament Director and the Referee Coordinator;
- If a player receives a red card in the team’s final match, it will be returned to his/her team and a report send to Ohio South Youth Soccer to be forwarded to the respective association. Any further penalty shall be at the discretion of the team’s host organization.
- Per regulations by the Ohio South Youth Soccer Association, all yellow and red cards as well as any matter involving misconduct by a team or coach will be recorded and submitted to Ohio South in the post-tournament report;
D. Modifications for U8 - U17 Games
Tournament shall utilize US Youth Soccer Rules for Small-sided Games except as adjusted below.
The Tournament Director has the right to make any changes or modifications to the fields and/or goals. All decisions of the Tournament Director are final.
- U8 teams shall play 5 v 5. One player on the field must be a goalkeeper.
- U9 teams shall play 7 v 7. One player on the field must be a goalkeeper.
- U10 teams shall play 7 v 7 or 9 v 9. One player on the field must be a goalkeeper.
- U11 teams shall play 9 v 9. One player on the field must be a goalkeeper.
- U12 teams shall play 9 v 9 or 11 v 11. One player on the field must be a goalkeeper.
- U13 teams shall play 11 v 11. One player on the field must be a goalkeeper.
- U14 teams shall play 11 v 11. One player on the field must be a goalkeeper.
- U15 teams shall play 11 v 11. One player on the field must be a goalkeeper.
- U16 teams shall play 11 v 11. One player on the field must be a goalkeeper.
- U17 teams shall play 11 v 11. One player on the field must be a goalkeeper.
Referees will enforce the offside rule for U8 and U9 matches.
- U8 – U17 shall play using a three referee system
E. Player Equipment
1. Home Team – Team listed first is the designated Home Team and must change jerseys when the referee determines a conflict to exist. However, as a matter of protocol, home teams are expected to wear their light uniforms and away teams are expected to wear their dark uniform
2. Game Balls
- U8- Size 4 Game Ball
- U9- Size 4 Game Ball
- U10- Size 4 Game Ball
- U11- Size 4 Game Ball
- U12- 8v8: Size 4 Game Ball
- U12- 11v11: Size 5 Game Ball
- U13- Size 5 Game Ball
- U14- Size 5 Game Ball
- U15- Size 5 Game Ball
- U16- Size 5 Game Ball
- U17- Size 5 Game Ball
- The referee’s decision as to the safety of the players is final.
- All players must wear shinguards. No metal-rimmed glasses or jewelry of any kind will be permitted.
- Casts, splints or body braces made of a hard substance in its final form such as leather, rubber, plastic, plaster or fiberglass must be covered on all exterior surfaces with no less than 1⁄2 inch thick, high density polyurethane, or an alternate material of the same thickness and similar physical properties to protect the injury. A medical release for the injured player signed by a licensed physician must be available at the game site. Players may not play with these casts without the approval of the Referee.
F. No Heading Rule: effective 7/1/16 for all league or tournament U11 and younger games are prohibited from deliberately striking a soccer ball with any portion of their head (aka heading). The rule is as follows:
- If a U11 or younger player engages in heading a soccer ball during the tournament the parents /guardians and the player accept the risk and/or peril of doing so.
- When a player deliberately strikes the ball with his/her head during the tournament , Referees and Assistant Referees of that game must consider the act to be Dangerous Play and handle the matter accordingly as an infraction of the laws of the games.
- An indirect free kick (IFK) is awarded to the opposing team from the spot of the infraction.
- If the infraction is within the goal area, the IFK should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the infraction occurred.
- If the ball makes contact with the player’s head and the player has not deliberately played or attempted to play the ball, they play should continue as no infraction has occurred.
- A player shall not be cautioned nor sent-off for persistent infringement, as a result of a heading infraction
- A player shall not be cautioned nor sent-off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity as a result of a heading infraction.
Teams not at the field ready to play with a minimum of 7 eligible players (U11-U14), 5 eligible players (U9-U10) at the scheduled game time will forfeit the match at the discretion of the tournament director. Forfeited scores will be counted 3 – 0. Teams forfeiting games will not be able to advance to the playoff rounds.
V. INCLEMENT WEATHER
Please check the web page for all updates, www.kingshammer.com.
A. The Tournament Rules Committee reserves the right to make changes to the schedule in the event of inclement weather. These changes may include relocation or reschedule of matches, change of division structure, reduction of the duration of a match, or even cancellation of matches.
B. In the event of inclement weather forcing play to be halted and preventing the match from completing during the scheduled time, the score shall stand if at least one-half of the match has been completed. The tournament director shall have the sole final decision on field closure.
VI. REFUND POLICY
If application is accepted then teams acknowledge that their payment will be deposited upon acceptance and if payment is refused, application may be revoked, and teams acknowledge that 1) Payment must be made prior to acceptance, applications may not be considered until payments are received. 2) Application must be reviewed by tournament directors before team is accepted. 3) Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance 4) If application is not accepted team will receive a full refund and a letter of notification, but 5) Once accepted no refunds are allowed.
VII. ESTABLISHING THE DIVISIONS AND RULES FOR ADVANCEMENT
A. Placement of Division:
Divisions will be placed at the discretion of the tournament committee.
B. Game Points:
- 3 points for a win
- 1 point for a tie
- 0 points for a loss
C. Tie Breakers:
- Head to Head
- Goal Differential (max 4 goals per game)
- Goals Against (max 4 goals per game)
- Goals For (max 4 goals per game)
- Most Shut-outs
- Penalty Shoot-Outs at first field availability and as determined by the tournament director.
If three or more teams are tied, the criteria are followed from 1 through 5 until one team is eliminated and then the criteria starts over again at Rule #2. Rules are repeated until one team remains. The decision of the tournament director shall be final on all questions regarding advancement.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH FIFA POLICY, there shall be no dissent between players, coaches or fans and the referee. Questioning a referee's call is considered dissent. All coaches are urged to solicit the support of their fans in monitoring and enforcing this policy. Coaches will be held responsible for the behavior of their fans. Any player or coach ejected from a game will be ineligible to participate in the next scheduled game. For very serious offenses the player or coach may be declared ineligible for more than one game.
A. Protests: There will be no protests. All officiating decisions are final.
B. Exceptions: The Tournament Director reserves the right to modify any rule/regulations at any time with or without notice.