The Nike Blue Chip Showcase has been in existence for over 25 years and has become recognized as the Premier College Recruiting Showcase in the Midwest and one of the top College Showcases in the country.
Kings Hammer SC welcomes more than 650 teams from across the country and internationally to compete in the Nike Blue Chip Showcase each year. Over 400 College Coaches attend the Blue Chip Showcase each year to scout players from around the country and Canada. This event brings in elite clubs from across the United States and Canada. These teams also come from many of the top youth leagues around the country, including the ECNL, US Youth Soccer National League, US Youth Regional Leagues, SCNSL, and US Club Soccer National Premier Leagues.
The Nike Blue Chip Showcase will be hosted at the Warren Co Sports Park in Lebanon, OH, and Voice of America Park in West Chester, OH! Two of the best soccer-specific facilities in all of the Midwest, located just 15 minutes apart, both facilities provide high-quality playing surfaces along with convenience to many local attractions for teams and families.
PLEASE NOTE: The Nike Blue Chip Showcase is played over 3 days and is open to elite level U13 – U19 teams.
- U13/U14 will be tournament format with a championship game. Most Teams will play Saturday and Sunday, with some playing on Friday evening as well.
- U15-U19 will be showcase format with all teams playing 3 games. This means each team will only play 1 game per day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) to allow players to maximize their talents in front of the college coaches. All U15-U19 teams will play on Friday. Friday games will begin at 8 am.
- Over 650 teams from across the country and Canada participate each year.
- Majority of matches for the Blue Chip Showcase events will take place at Voice of America Park and the Warren County Sports Park! (additional satellite locations will be used as needed.) Click here to view the Voice of America Map. Click here to view the Warren Co Map.
- Highest ratio of college coach to player of any event in the country.
- Expanded Field of Teams accepted to include appropriate levels of competition for all teams. Multiple divisions in an age group/gender to promote competitive balance.
- Comprehensive player profiles for teams through SportsRecruits
- Team Video opportunities through our video partner VEO
- Host over 100 league matches during the event each year.
- USSF Certified Referees.
- GotSport Scheduler used to avoid coaching conflicts.
- Click here to view the Digital Tournament Guide
- Please complete the online registration at the link to the right
- If paying by check make check payable to Kings Hammer SC and mail to: Kings Hammer SC – Attn: Blue Chip Showcase- 50 E. Rivercenter Blvd. Suite 150 Covington, KY 41011
- Please include team name and age group in memo line of check.
- U13/U14 – $1,100
- U15-U19 – $1,595
Schedules, Bracketing, Coach Conflicts, & Field Changes:
Craig Schroeder(Women) & Matt Winkler (Men)
Registration/Admin, Logistics, Volunteers, Hospitality & College Coach Registration:
Nikki Haaser, Tyler Dezarn, & Lisa McIver
Sponsorships & Club Relations:
PYB | firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Chip Showcase ID Camp
The Blue Chip College ID Camp is an opportunity for players participating in the Blue Chip Showcase to train and play with College coaches prior to the tournament. A limited number of players will be selected for the ID Camp and it will be held the Thursday before the tournament. These players will be divided into teams and each given College Coaches to coach their team in a training session and 60 minute game. All Blue Chip Showcase ID Camps will be filmed using VEO Cameras and footage will be distributed to all participants, as well as all college coaches registered to attend the event.Learn More/Sign Up
Blue Chip Showcase GK Clinic
What is the number one question goalkeepers get asked by college coaches during the recruiting process? “Do you have GK training footage?” The Blue Chip GK Showcase is designed to allow goalkeepers the opportunity to train in front of college coaches and receive video footage of the session through our partnership with VEO. All Blue Chip GK Showcase sessions will be filmed using VEO Cameras and footage will be distributed to all participants, as well as all college coaches registered to attend the event. Sessions will be held Friday & Saturday at 11am & 3pm.Learn More/Sign Up
College Coaches Participating
Registration will be through GotSport only. Registration materials may be submitted once the application process is closed and your team has been accepted to the tournament. Registration information must be received one week prior to the event weekend. Please login to your GotSport account to upload your registration materials by clicking here.
Please upload the following items:
- Copy of Roster (validated by state association)
- Copy of Guest Player Roster
- Copy of Travel Permit (required for all teams outside of OSYSA)
- Copy of Players, Guest Players and Coaches Cards
- Copy of Coach Concussion Certificates (required for all teams outside of OSYSA)
- Liability Release/Lindsay Law/Infectious Disease Form (signed by every parent and coach)
Please note: There is no onsite check-in however everything listed above MUST be accessible at EVERY game and only certified staff is permitted on player’s sidelines.
In April 2013, the Return to Play law was passed in Ohio, requiring all youth coaches to complete a concussion training course. All coaches participating in an Ohio sanctioned tournament must complete this course and provide a copy of their certification of completion to the tournament. If your coach does not currently have a certificate of completion for a concussion training course, he/she can click here for information for the free online course through NFHS.
Lindsay’s Law, Ohio Revised Code 3313.5310, 3707.58, and 3707.59 went into effect on August 1, 2017. In accordance with this law, the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Cardiology and other stakeholders jointly developed guidelines and other relevant materials to inform and educate students and youth athletes participating in or desiring to participate in athletic activity, their parents, and their coaches about the nature and warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
We will NOT check medical authorization forms but it is strongly encouraged that each team has in its possession a medical authorization form for each player on its roster.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Kings Hammer SC and PYB Sports are committed to providing all teams with a great experience. Your team’s hotel accommodations are important to us. We have partnered with area hotels to provide the best options and prices. This event is a “Stay to Play” event. All teams attending the Blue Chip Showcase that need rooms must stay at one of the tournament approved hotels and book through PYB Sports. Additionally, any team traveling over 100 miles to the tournament is required to book through PYB Sports AND maintain a minimum of seven (7) reservations for the event.
Teams are required to:
Create a team hotel block via the supplied hotel link – the link will be emailed to you from PYB Sports upon acceptance.
Each family will have 7 days to make their reservation within the team’s hotel block once created (teams traveling over 100 miles are not in compliance with the Stay to Play policy until a minimum of 7 reservations have been made)
This event requires a two-night minimum stay for all guests regardless of the game schedule. A two-night stay is considered to be 2 consecutive nights at the same hotel. If you have any housing questions please contact Lindsay (firstname.lastname@example.org) at PYB Sports.
1. Rules of Play: Rules of play shall be per FIFA “Laws of the Game” except as modified by US Soccer, US Youth Soccer, Ohio South Youth Soccer Association, and the Blue Chip Showcase Tournament. All decisions concerning rules and regulations, including the interpretation thereof, bracketing of teams, match schedules, etc. are the sole discretion of the Tournament Committee. The playing rules for Midwest Regional League games will supersede all rules and regulations for the Blue Chip Showcase Tournament games for ALL games identified as MRL.
2. Inclement Weather: Please check the web page for all updates, www.kingshammer.com. The Tournament Rules Committee reserves the right to make changes to the schedule in the event of inclement weather. These changes may include relocation or reschedule of matches, change of division structure, reduction of the duration of a match, or even cancellation of matches.
B. In the event of inclement weather forcing play to be suspended and preventing the match from being completed during the scheduled time, the score at the time of the suspension shall stand as the final score. If a match cannot be completed at all during the event it will be marked as a 0-0 result. The tournament director and facility managers shall have the sole final decision on field closure. See Severe Weather Policy for more info.
3. Payments/Cancellations: If application is accepted then teams acknowledge that their payment will be deposited upon acceptance and if payment is refused, application may be revoked, and teams acknowledge that 1) Payment must be made prior to acceptance, applications may not be considered until payments are received. 2) Application must be reviewed by tournament directors before the team is accepted. 3) Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance 4) If application is not accepted team will receive a full refund and a letter of notification, but 5) Once accepted no refunds are allowed.
4.Team and Player Registration:Registration for this event is through GotSport only unless otherwise approved by the tournament registrar. Each player must be registered with an association recognized by US Soccer and must be on a state/league-approved roster. For all Showcase Matches, unlimited guest players are permitted per team as long as it does not exceed the maximum roster limit as stated below. As part of the registration process, each team must provide an approved roster and travel permit. Guest players must be included on an approved tournament guest player roster form by your State Association. Each team must provide player passes to registration and to each game. Each team may roster up to 22 players max for the event. Up to 22 players may be permitted to play in a match however, if you are playing league games at the event you must follow league roster policies.
5. Uniform Colors: Home team should wear a light-colored uniform and the Away team should wear a dark-colored uniform. In the event of a conflict, the home team should be prepared to change uniforms.
6. Match Length: Unless shortened due to inclement weather, all U15 – U19 Showcase matches will be 80 minutes in duration, divided into two 40 minute halves. U13/14 matches will be 70 minutes in duration, divided into two 35 minute halves. In the U13/14 age groups, If a semi-final or final game is still tied at the end of regulation, the winner will be determined by penalty kicks. Only those players on the field at the end of regulation are eligible for penalty kicks. Any matches that are league games are subject to league rules including match length.
7. Player Substitution: A player may be substituted after a goal has been scored, on either team’s goal kick, on either team’s throw-in, on either team’s corner kick, or, upon any other stoppage in play, at the referee’s discretion. Each substitution must be with the approval of the referee. For age groups U14 and older, free substitution is allowed.
8. Red and Yellow Cards / Send offs: Any player or coach receiving a red card during a match must sit out their next game regardless of the infraction- double yellow card, Foul And Abusive Language, Violent conduct or any other send off. If the severity of the red card offense so justifies, a player or coach may be suspended from playing in the next two matches. The decision to impose a two-match suspension shall be made by the Tournament Director and the Referee Coordinator. If a player is sent off for any reason, the team must play down a player for the remainder of that match. If a player receives a red card in the team’s final match, it will be returned to his/her team and a report sent to Ohio Soccer Association to be forwarded to the respective association. Per regulations by the Ohio Soccer Association, all yellow and red cards as well as any matter involving misconduct by a team or coach will be recorded and submitted to Ohio Soccer in the post-tournament report. If a player or coach is sent off during a league match, league rules regarding Red Card Suspensions will supersede showcase rules. Any further suspension is solely at the discretion of the team’s host organization(s).
9. Distribution of Player Profiles: Team profiles may be distributed by team managers or designated team representatives. The Blue Chip Showcase does distribute Player Profile books, however, we recognize the desire for teams to develop and distribute their own materials. We ask that you hand out materials on the sidelines of your matches.
10. Tournament Champion: Teams will be placed in an age group bracket. A champion will be named in each bracket based upon the point system below. For each match, a team will be awarded points, as follows:
- Three (3) points for a win
- One (1) point for a tie
- Zero (0) points for a loss
If a team receives a forfeit for any reason, the opposing team(s) are declared a winner with a 2-0 score. The team who forfeits a match will have all “Showcase” matches forfeited and receive a 0-2 loss for all “Showcase” games regardless of the actual outcome. League games are subject to review.
In case of a tie in your Division Bracket, the following tie-breaker will be used to determine the champion:
- Winner of head-to-head competition
- Teams with the most wins
- Goal differential (total goals scored minus total goals allowed)
- Fewest goals allowed
- Goals Scored
- Most Shutouts
- If teams remain tied, they will be declared co-champions
11. Protests / Appeals: All decisions of the referee are final and will only be reviewed by the Tournament Director for the misapplication of a Law. All decisions of the Tournament Director are final. Protests/appeals from individuals or teams will not be heard.
12. Exceptions: The Tournament Director reserves the right to modify any rules/regulations at any time with or without notice.
To ensure we can work around coaches with multiple teams in the event, please make sure the coach who will be coaching your team in the event is listed as the Primary Coach in GotSport in your team application. If they are not listed as the Primary coach for the event, the system will not recognize a coach conflict should two teams with the same coach be scheduled at the same time. To update your coach as the primary please follow the steps below:
- Make sure the coach who is coaching the team for the event is listed as the primary coach on the team registration in GotSport
- Not Listing a coach will prevent the registration from being completed in GotSport so teams must list a PRIMARY COACH.
- Click the GREEN plus button to add coach to the team for the event. If you need to update a coach to Primary, this is where you can add a coach and designate them as Primary. See below:
Notify Event Director Function
Please let the tournament committee know via the “Notify” button in your team application using the account used to register for the event if any of the following have appeared on your schedule. Please Note: This function takes the place of the Support Ticket function from the old GotSoccer system.
- A direct coaching conflict within this event for coaches who coach multiple teams (up to 2 teams. For those coaching 3 teams we encourage you to have an assistant coach).
- A major scheduling mistake (a team playing two games at the same time or back to back games).
- A schedule conflict you need to let us know about prior to publishing schedules.
Although we know life happens but we simply cannot honor requests for the following reason as there are just too many:
- Personal reasons (family events, weddings, etc).
- Non-event specific coaching conflicts not related to this event (another team you are coaching is playing elsewhere).
All “Notify” messages must be sent to Event Director before schedules become final. Once schedules are final there is little room to make changes. No changes will be made to the schedule 10 days out from the event.
Kings Hammer is excited to partner with VEO to enhance the experience for teams attending the Blue Chip Showcase. Teams can now rent their own VEO camera to have for the weekend and get access to all game footage after the event. This footage can then be clipped and sent to college coaches, scouts, and used for team video analysis. For more information and to rent a VEO for the Blue Chip Showcase click the links below:
- Blue Chip Women’s Showcase – Deadline: April 17th
- Blue Chip Men’s Showcase -Deadline: April 24th
- Rent a Veo information page
Exclusive offer for all Blue Chip Showcase teams:
- 50% off the camera
- 25% of the analytics package with the purchase of a 12-month or 24-month subscription.
For questions on Veo contact Tobias Maertzke at email@example.com