December College Recruiting Newsletter 2023
Welcome to the Kings Hammer December College Recruiting Newsletter! The club is excited to work with you to accomplish all of your player’s goals for this upcoming soccer year, on and off of the soccer field. Each month, we will be providing this resource to help you navigate the craziness that is the college recruiting process. We hope you find value in this newsletter and we are excited to assist in this exciting process for your family!
This month’s College Recruiting Newsletter is focused on reflecting.
Reflecting on the Year
Over the last twelve months, the Kings Hammer SC College Recruiting Newsletter has covered a variety of topics. Hopefully some, or all of them, have assisted you in your recruiting process. Here are the topics covered in the newsletter this past year:
- Starting Your College Search
- Narrowing Your List
- Creating a highlight video
- Breaking Down ID Camps and Other Events
- Contacting college coaches
- Recruiting rules and regulations
- Key questions to ask coaches
- How to setup college visits
- SportsRecruits 101
- Financial Aid Opportunities
- Commitment-Selecting a school
*Above, you will find linked the topics to Sports Recruits articles or videos where applicable.
The college recruiting process can be tricky, and while there are certainties in the process, it is important to remember that everyone’s process is 100% unique. Understanding how to best set yourself up for success in this process is crucial to finding the best college fit for you.
Personal Development: Reflecting on Your Growth
Just as we’ve reflected on the year’s recruiting content in the previous section, the end of a calendar year can be a fantastic time to reflect on your personal development as well. We’ve covered some fantastic topics that have we hope will help you grow as an individual throughout the year. Next to each of the topics below is a reflection question for you to ask yourself as you think about your year of growth:
- Goal Setting – How frequently did you update your goals and what roadblocks did you face along the way of accomplishing them?
- Identifying Core Values – How have your core values changed in the past 12 months and what contributed to this?
- What is my WHY? – Is your “why” still relevant to you today, and how has it helped motivate you?
- Developing Communication Skills – What are 3 ways that effective communicators interact with others?
- Mental Toughness – What strategies have you developed to help you overcome tough moments in your life?
- Standards/Habits – Where have you fallen short in your ability to have self-discipline and how can you effect change in your life moving forward?
- Leadership – Where have you improved as a leader and where is growth still required?
- Patience – What is a moment this year where you struggled to have patience and how did you approach this?
- Managing Stress – What is an area in your life that still causes you stress and how can you reshape your perspective to help?
If you’ve been intentional about following these newsletters, there is no doubt that you’ve grown as a person. If not, there is good news. Each day is an opportunity to improve, and it is never too late to take the first steps! Be incredibly proud of where you are as a person and be equally ready to improve yourself in the new year and beyond.
Additional Resources from Sports Recruits
- Tyler Smith – Centre College
- Hannah Engel – University of the Cumberlands
- Diego Hoenderkamp – Northern Kentucky University
- Josh Line – Northern Kentucky University
- Trinity Bauwens – Spaulding University
- Kate Makkas – Youngstown State University
- Caroline Tucker – Mars Hill University
- Ava Hess – University of Southern Indiana
- Lauren Flax – Liberty University
- Kaitlyn Lampe – Mt St Joseph University
- Riley Tarvin – Stetson University
- Avery Riggs – Bryan College
- Landon Barth – Northern Kentucky University
- Riley Rolfert – Thomas More University
- Rylie Niemeyer – Western Carolina University
- Lauren Link – Eastern Kentucky University
- Claire Cress – Morehead State University
- Piper Farris – East Carolina University
- McKenzie Carle – Bellarmine University
- Sarah Deaton – Wittenburg University
- Maggie Molnar – Taylor University
- Maria Dilts – Johns Hopkins University
- Ivy Hoffman – Thomas More University
- Maddy Ehrhardt – Wilmington College
- Anna Taylor – Cedarville University
- Claire Cavacini – Centre College
- Ella Mann – Centre College
Remember to post your commitment to your Sports Recruits account and send commitment photos to firstname.lastname@example.org so that you can be recognized for your achievements.