Boys U9-U19: March 11th-13th, 2022 ( Cancelled )
Girls U9-U19: March 25th-27th, 2022
Deadline to Register:
Girls – February 11th
Don’t get stuck in the mud! Come join us for one of the top pre-spring season events in the Midwest! The Turf Classic is a unique tournament, where all games are played on turf fields. This event is a great pre-season tournament that gives players and coaches of all levels the opportunity to prepare for the upcoming spring season. Each year this event hosts more than 450 teams traveling from Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Canada.
- Over 450 teams participate annually from across the Midwest and Canada.
- All Games played on Turf! No Rain outs!
- Great Pre-Season spring event for teams of all levels!
- Multiple divisions in an age group/gender to promote competitive balance.
- USSF certified referees.
- Awards for Champions and Finalists in each age division.
- GotSoccer Scheduler used to avoid coaching conflicts.
- Please complete the online registration at the link to the right
- If paying by check make check payable to Kings Hammer SC and mail to: Kings Hammer SC – Attn: Boys or Girls Turf Classic- 50 E. Rivercenter Blvd. Suite 1410 Covington, KY 41011
- Please include team name and age group in memo line of check.
- 7v7(U9 & U10) – $750
- 9v9(U10-U12) – $850
- 11v11(U12-U14) – $900
- 11v11(U15-U19) – $950
Schedules, Bracketing, Coach Conflicts, & Field Changes:
Eric Busener | firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration/Admin, Logistics, Volunteers, Hospitality & College Coach Registration:
Lisa McIver | email@example.com
Sponsorships & Club Relations:
Dave McIver | firstname.lastname@example.org
PYB | email@example.com
Registration for the Turf Classic will be through GotSoccer only. If you do not have a GotSoccer TEAM account you will need to create one or contact your club or coach for your login information. Registration materials may be submitted once the application process is closed and your team has been accepted to the tournament. Registration information must be received by March 4th, 2022 for the boy’s weekend and March 18th, 2022 for the girl’s weekend. Please login to your GotSoccer account to upload your registration materials using the directions below:
1. Log into your gotsoccer.com team account.
2. Click on registered tournaments (Turf Classic- choose boys or girls).
3. Click on the “documents” tab (far right of screen).
4. Upload the list of items below:
- Copy of Roster (validated by state association)
- Copy of Players, Guest Players, and Coaches Cards
- Copy of Guest Player form
- Copy of Travel Permit (ONLY required for all teams outside of OSYSA, and can be obtained through your state association)
- Copy of Coach Concussion Certificates (required for all teams outside of OSYSA)
- Liability Release/Lindsay Law/Infectious Disease Form (signed by every parent and coach)
Please note: There is no onsite check-in, however, everything listed above MUST be accessible at EVERY game and only certified staff is permitted on player’s sidelines.
In April 2013, the Return to Play law was passed in Ohio, requiring all youth coaches to complete a concussion training course. All coaches participating in an Ohio sanctioned tournament must complete this course and provide a copy of their certification of completion to the tournament. If your coach does not currently have a certificate of completion for a concussion training course, he/she can click here for information on the free online course through NFHS.
Lindsay’s Law, Ohio Revised Code 3313.5310, 3707.58, and 3707.59 went into effect on August 1, 2017. In accordance with this law, the Ohio Department of Health, the Ohio Department of Education, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American College of Cardiology, and other stakeholders jointly developed guidelines and other relevant materials to inform and educate students and youth athletes participating in or desiring to participate in an athletic activity, their parents, and their coaches about the nature and warning signs of sudden cardiac arrest.
We will NOT check medical authorization forms, but it is strongly encouraged that each team has in its possession a medical authorization form for each player on its roster.